Central Kentucky Youth Orchestras
CKYO MusicWorks, one of the Central Kentucky Youth Orchestras’ community programs, is an after-school orchestral and ensemble music program fostering creative development for Lexington’s youth by providing equitable access to intensive, high-quality music education. By nurturing interpersonal skills in an orchestral setting, MusicWorks seeks to inspire its students to grow not only in their musical endeavors, but also in their personal and academic accomplishments. We believe that music promotes language and reasoning skills; teaches personal responsibility; fosters a creative environment; encourages problem solving; and keeps students engaged in school.
MusicWorks is a daily orchestral and ensemble music program fostering positive youth development by providing equitable access to intense, high-quality music education.
MusicWorks gives students a unique sense of community and they are able to perform as an ensemble in their local neighborhoods and beyond, instilling personal and community pride.
Ensemble and Community
Cultivation of Creative Spirit
Commitment and Perseverance
We Need Your Support!
Every gift you make impacts the students and programs of CKYO! Here are just some examples of what your dollars can provide!
- $1,500: A new A-clarinet for a student musician.
- $450: A new piece of major repertoire to perform.
- $300: Rental of major repertoire to perform.
- $100: Purchase a piece of percussion equipment.
- $60: Purchase one music stand.
- $50: Instrument repairs on an instrument we own.
- $15: Audition Registration Fee for one student audition.